Traditional dresses, woven bags and colorful belts known as chumpis can be viewed in this assortment of clothing from around Latin America. View the indigenous styles of Guatemala or the complex handicrafts made in Venezuela. This suitcase also integrates dolls from Mexico and Panama in traditional costumes. Engage in the wide variety of styles and accessories that make up these diverse lands.
Click here to view the Inventory
Each Traveling Suitcase has lesson plans and creative ideas to help teachers utilize the suitcase in their classroom. Many of these plans have been contributed by prior lenders. Here are sample lesson plans for this suitcase:
- Lesson Plan: Trajes Tradicionales (Grades 8-12)
- LessonPlan: Making Inferences - Traditional Attire
- Unit Plan: Trajes Tradicionales Latinoamericanos - Spanish Level 2
- Lesson Plan: Identity, Appearance, and Diversity (Spanish Level 2)
- Worksheet: Clothing Latin American Perceptions
- Additional Resources: Cholitas de Bolivia, mujer luchadores
- Additional Resources: Cholitas luchadoras contra el machismo
- Lesson Plan: La Ropa Mexicana (Spanish Level 1)
Ready to borrow the Latin American Traditional Attire suitcase? Click here to start the process.