The University of Florida Center for Latin American Studies is sponsoring Library Travel Research Grants for Spring & Summer 2023.
The grants are to enable faculty from qualified U.S. colleges and universities to access the extensive resources of the Latin American and Caribbean Collection. The grants are funded by a Title VI National Resource Center grant from the U.S. Department of Education.
The UF Libraries’ Latin American and Caribbean Collection (LACC) is one of the leading research collections of its kind. It consists of over 500,000 volumes, and includes all disciplines, although literature, the humanities, and the social sciences are best represented. A sampling of the primary sources available in Special Collections can be found listed here.
Application Deadline: March 10, 2023
ALL TRAVEL MUST BE COMPLETED BY JULY 31, 2023
- Current scholar at a U.S. college or university
- Priority will be given to U.S. Minority Serving Institutions (MSIs) and community colleges
- Research and teaching interest in Latin America (not including Puerto Rico nor Latinx if focus is on U.S. history)
- US citizens or permanent residents
Faculty and graduate students from Puerto Rico are highly encouraged to apply.
- Complete online application
- Supplemental documents (uploaded within the online application)
- Tentative Travel Dates
- Statement of Interest (500-700 words) with the following information:
- Topic of research relating to Latin America
- Plan of materials that will be consulted
- Description of how your research will enhance your curriculum and impact your students
- Current CV
- Proposed Budget for travel funds. Note: Travel costs must follow University of Florida travel guidelines as detailed in the UF Travel Directives and Procedures
Within 14 days following the completion of the access period, grantees are required to submit to the Center for Latin American Studies a 2- to 3-page report detailing the work carried out during the grant period. Reports will be provided to the U.S. Department of Education for grant reporting purposes.
Application Process Questions:
Center for Latin American Studies
Gainesville, FL 32611-5530
Phone: (352) 273-4046
Library Collection Questions:
Public Service Associate
Latin American and Caribbean Collection
Telephone: (352) 273-2745