Explore the variety of foods, drinks, and food cultures that span Latin America. This suitcase includes not various food items such as beans, coffee, nuts, and even Palmitos, but it also includes a variety of food-related items such as table cloths, yerba mate cups, mortar and pestles, and even a coffee maker. Explore similar items from different countries to examine the many similarities and differences or read up on recipes from St. Vincent!
Each Traveling Suitcase has lesson plans and creative ideas to help teachers utilize the suitcase in their classroom. Many of these plans have been contributed by prior lenders. Here are sample lesson plans for this suitcase:
- Lesson Plan: Latin American Food (Grades K-5)
- Lesson Plan: Latin American Food (Grades 8-12)
- Unit Plan: Latin American Food (Spanish Level 2)
- Rubric: Using Commands/The Cooking Show
- Scavenger Hunt: Foods and Fabrics in Latin America, Worksheet 1
- Scavenger Hunt: Foods and Fabrics, Worksheet 2
Ready to borrow the Latin American Food suitcase? Click here to start the process.