Check out our collection of toys, coloring books and musical instruments from around Latin America. Dive into some fables and fairy tales from Argentina, Puerto Rico and Mexico. Play with dolls from Nicaragua and Ecuador. Whether students are comparing their own childhood to the variety of childhood experiences captured in these artifacts or whether they are learning to talk about their own childhoods in Spanish, this suitcase is sure to liven up your classroom.
Each Traveling Suitcase has lesson plans and creative ideas to help teachers utilize the suitcase in their classroom. Many of these plans have been contributed by prior lenders. If you develop a lesson plan or just have a few ideas that weren't included in the suitcase, email them to us at email@example.com.
- Lesson Plan: Latin American Childhood (Grades K-5)
- Lesson Plan: Childhood (Grades 8-12)
- Lesson Plan: Childhood (Spanish Level 2)
- Rubric: Talking About Childhood
- Worksheet Childhood
- Example Worksheet Childhood
How to Borrow the Latin American Childhood Traveling Suitcase
- Submit a completed Lending Agreement by email or fax
- Request the Latin American Childhood Suitcase by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org – include the dates.
- Use the suitcase in your classroom. We will ship the suitcase to the address on your lending agreement free of charge. Take advantage of the included lesson plans and classroom ideas.
- Return your suitcase to the Center after two weeks. You or your school will be responsible for return shipping costs which generally cost between $25 and $30. Be sure that all the items are returned in their appropriate bags by checking off each item on the enclosed inventory form.
- Submit an evaluation form either in the suitcase or via email. Send us any lesson plans that you have developed beyond those already included for future teachers! Submitting these allow the suitcases to continue to develop and better serve your classroom!