Take a journey through Latin America with this touristic guide to the region. The suitcase contains postcards, maps, and even transportation tickets. Countries featured in this kit range from Cuba to Costa Rica to Brazil to St. Vincent and the Grenadines. The items offer a taste at some of the iconic features found in these countries, including Machu Picchu in Peru and the Galapagos in Ecuador
Each Traveling Suitcase has lesson plans and creative ideas to help teachers utilize the suitcase in their classroom. Many of these plans have been contributed by prior lenders. If you develop a lesson plan or just have a few ideas that weren't included in the suitcase, email them to us at email@example.com.
- Lesson Plan: Traveling Around Latin American (Grade K-5)
- Lesson Plan: Viajando por America Latina (Grades 8-12)
- Unit Plan: Viajando por las Americas - Spanish Level 2
- Viewing Guide - Questions for Titicaca Puma de Piedra Video
- Worksheet: Traveling Latin America
- Worksheet: Una Tarjeta Postal
How to Borrow Traveling Around Latin America Traveling Suitcase
- Submit a completed Lending Agreement by email or fax
- Request the Traveling Around Latin America Suitcase by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org – include the dates.
- Use the suitcase in your classroom. We will ship the suitcase to the address on your lending agreement free of charge. Take advantage of the included lesson plans and classroom ideas.
- Return your suitcase to the Center after two weeks. You or your school will be responsible for return shipping costs which generally cost between $25 and $30. Be sure that all the items are returned in their appropriate bags by checking off each item on the enclosed inventory form.
- Submit an evaluation form either in the suitcase or via email. Send us any lesson plans that you have developed beyond those already included for future teachers! Submitting these allow the suitcases to continue to develop and better serve your classroom!