Explore the important symbols and figures associated with various Latin American countries. The collection includes flags, currency, and stamps. Students also can check out lottery tickets, tourist brochures, political flyers and a pair of soccer (football) jerseys.
Each Traveling Suitcase has lesson plans and creative ideas to help teachers utilize the suitcase in their classroom. Many of these plans have been contributed by prior lenders. If you develop a lesson plan or just have a few ideas that weren't included in the suitcase, email them to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Lesson Plan: National Identity and Symbols
- Lesson Plan: Latin American National Identity - AP Spanish
- Lesson Plan: Exploring Latin American National
How to Borrow the National Identity and Symbols Traveling Suitcase
- Submit a completed Lending Agreement by email or fax
- Request the National Identity and Symbols Suitcase by sending an email to email@example.com – include the dates.
- Use the suitcase in your classroom. We will ship the suitcase to the address on your lending agreement free of charge. Take advantage of the included lesson plans and classroom ideas.
- Return your suitcase to the Center after two weeks. You or your school will be responsible for return shipping costs which generally cost between $25 and $30. Be sure that all the items are returned in their appropriate bags by checking off each item on the enclosed inventory form.
- Submit an evaluation form either in the suitcase or via email. Send us any lesson plans that you have developed beyond those already included for future teachers! Submitting these allow the suitcases to continue to develop and better serve your classroom!