The Center for Latin American Studies at the University of Florida is offering library access grants for spring and summer 2019 for scholars from qualified U.S. colleges and universities to use the extensive resources of the Latin American and Caribbean Collection. The grants are funded by a Title VI National Resource Center grant from the U.S. Department of Education.
Recipients are awarded an average of $1,000 to support travel expenses such as airfare, ground transportation, lodging, and meals.
The UF Libraries’ Latin American and Caribbean Collection (LACC) is one of the leading research collections of its kind. It consists of over 500,000 volumes, and includes all disciplines, although literature, the humanities, and the social sciences are best represented. A sampling of the primary sources available in Special Collections can be found listed here.
Application Deadline: February 24, 2019
ALL TRAVEL MUST BE COMPLETED BY JULY 31, 2019
Disclaimer: Travel grants are contingent upon the Center for Latin American Studies receiving funding from the U.S. Department of Education.
- US citizen / resident
- Current scholars at a U.S. college or university
- Priority will be given to Minority Serving Institutions (MSIs) and community colleges
- Research and teaching interest in Latin America
Faculty and graduate students from Puerto Rico are highly encouraged to apply.
- Complete online application
- Supplemental documents (uploaded within the online application)
- Tentative Travel Dates
- Statement of Interest (500-700 words) with the following information:
- Topic of research relating to Latin America
- Plan of materials that will be consulted
- Description of how your research will enhance your curriculum and impact your students
- Current CV
- Proposed Budget for travel funds. Note: Travel costs must follow University of Florida travel guidelines as detailed in the UF Travel Directives and Procedures
Within 14 days following the completion of the access period, grantees are required to submit to the Center for Latin American Studies a 2- to 3-page report detailing the work carried out during the grant period. Reports will be provided to the U.S. Department of Education for grant reporting purposes.
Application Process Questions:
Center for Latin American Studies
Gainesville, FL 32611-5530
Phone: (352) 273-4715
Library Collection Questions:
Latin American and Caribbean Collection
Phone: (352) 273-2745