The diverse sounds of Latin America will fill your classroom with this Suitcase. Music is an important aspect of the cultural diversity of Latin America and this suitcase allows you to explore the instruments and rhythms that fill the streets of Mexico, Cuba, Honduras and many others. Hear the rattle of the Chajchas, an instrument made from hooves that is attached to the ankle in Andean countries, create the clave that forms the basis of traditional music in Cuba, listen to a variety of CDs with samples, or explore dance with the video, Dancing Across Disciplines. The Latin American Music Traveling Suitcase is sure to liven up your classroom and engage your students!
Each Traveling Suitcase has lesson plans and creative ideas to help teachers utilize the suitcase in their classroom. Many of these plans have been contributed by prior lenders. If you develop a lesson plan or just have a few ideas that weren't included in the suitcase, email them to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Borrow the Latin American Music Traveling Suitcase
- Submit a completed Lending Agreement by email or fax
- Request the Latin American Music Suitcase by sending an email to email@example.com – include the dates.
- Use the suitcase in your classroom. We will ship the suitcase to the address on your lending agreement free of charge. Take advantage of the included lesson plans and classroom ideas.
- Return your suitcase to the Center after two weeks. You or your school will be responsible for return shipping costs which generally cost between $25 and $30. Be sure that all the items are returned in their appropriate bags by checking off each item on the enclosed inventory form.
- Submit an evaluation form either in the suitcase or via email. Send us any lesson plans that you have developed beyond those already included for future teachers! Submitting these allow the suitcases to continue to develop and better serve your classroom!