The Andean Music and Dance Traveling Suitcase is one of our most popular traveling suitcases. This suitcase encourages students to explore the role of music and dance within the various cultures of the Andes. The suitcase includes musical instruments, clothing, music samples, and dolls that demonstrate traditional dress. Explore the rich textures of the textiles, hear the sounds of the music, and feel the vibration of musical instruments as they play.
Each Traveling Suitcase has lesson plans and creative ideas to help teachers utilize the suitcase in their classroom. Many of these plans have been contributed by prior lenders. If you develop a lesson plan or just have a few ideas that weren't included in the suitcase, email them to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- La Cultura Andina Lesson Plan
- Andean Music and Dance Flip chart File
- Flip Chart Viewer Instructions
- Andean Song
- La Musica indigena de los Andes-historia
- Lesson Plan Andean Region
- Lesson Plan Musica y Bailes
- Rubrica Musica y Baile
- Unit Andean Music, Instruments and Attire
How to Borrow the Andean Music and Dance Traveling Suitcase
- Submit a completed Lending Agreement by email or fax
- Request the Andean Music and Dance Traveling Suitcase by sending an email to email@example.com – include the dates.
- Use the suitcase in your classroom. We will ship the suitcase to the address on your lending agreement free of charge. Take advantage of the included lesson plans and classroom ideas.
- Return your suitcase to the Center after two weeks. You or your school will be responsible for return shipping costs which generally cost between $25 and $30. Be sure that all the items are returned in their appropriate bags by checking off each item on the enclosed inventory form.
- Submit an evaluation form either in the suitcase or via email. Send us any lesson plans that you have developed beyond those already included for future teachers! Submitting these allow the suitcases to continue to develop and better serve your classroom!