The Day of the Dead Traveling Suitcase is always popular around October and November! Explore the cultural differences between Halloween and Day of the Dead with your students. Inside the suitcase has all of the items needed to make an altar for Día de los Muertos in your classroom. The suitcase includes many traditional items for the table including figurines, offering dishes, plastic food and flowers, and candles. We also include a teacher’s guide and some of the other essentials such as table clothes and extra tissue paper so students can make their own papel picado.
Each Traveling Suitcase has lesson plans and creative ideas to help teachers utilize the suitcase in their classroom. Many of these plans have been contributed by prior lenders. If you develop a lesson plan or just have a few ideas that weren't included in the suitcase, email them to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Día de los muertos Presentation
- Spanish Level 1-Day of the Dead Lesson Plan
- Spanish Level 2-Day of the Dead Lesson Plan
How to Borrow the Day of the Dead Traveling Suitcase
- Submit a completed Lending Agreement by email or fax
- Request the Day of the Dead Traveling Suitcase by sending an email to email@example.com – include the dates.
- Use the suitcase in your classroom. We will ship the suitcase to the address on your lending agreement free of charge. Take advantage of the included lesson plans and classroom ideas.
- Return your suitcase to the Center after two weeks. You or your school will be responsible for return shipping costs which generally cost between $25 and $30. Be sure that all the items are returned in their appropriate bags by checking off each item on the enclosed inventory form.
- Submit an evaluation form either in the suitcase or via email. Send us any lesson plans that you have developed beyond those already included for future teachers! Submitting these allow the suitcases to continue to develop and better serve your classroom!