The University of Florida Center for Latin American Studies (LAS) has established an Outstanding Young Alumni Award to recognize alumni who are 40 years of age or younger and whose achievements positively reflect the mission, values, and philosophy of the Center and the field of Latin American Studies at large. Recipients are selected annually by the LAS Alumni Board. Award recipients are leaders in their profession and community. They possess an unmistakable tradition of achievement and a commitment to further strengthening LAS. They are alumni who are truly making a difference in our world.
- An alumnus of the University of Florida with a degree, minor or certificate from LAS.
- 40 years of age or younger.
- The nominee must have one or more of the following:
- Made a significant impact on their industry.
- Achieved significant professional accomplishments at the state, national or international level.
- Performed outstanding service to the community, the university or LAS.
We are accepting nominations for this award until Friday, December 15, 2023.