The University of Florida Center for Latin American Studies (LAS) has established a Lifetime Achievement Award to recognize alumni whose achievements over a number of years positively reflect the mission, values, and philosophy of the Center and the field of Latin American Studies at large. Recipients are selected annually by the LAS Alumni Board. Award recipients are recognized leaders in their profession and community. They possess an unmistakable tradition of achievement and a commitment to further strengthening LAS. They are alumni who are truly making a difference in our world.
- An alumnus of the University of Florida with a degree, minor or certificate from LAS.
- At least 15 years from graduation from UF.
- The nominee must have one or more of the following:
- Recognized and accomplished in their field. Made a significant impact regionally, statewide, and/or nationally.
- Achieved significant professional accomplishments at the state, national or international level.
- A proven record of leadership and service to their community and society at large.
- Demonstrated interest, pride, and support of UF LAS: has served as a volunteer, contributed as a donor, attended events, and/or stayed connected with faculty or staff.
We are accepting nominations for this award until Friday, December 15, 2023.