The University of Florida Center for Latin American Studies ("LAS") has established a Lifetime Achievement Award to recognize alumni whose achievements over the course of a number of years positively reflect the goals, principles, and philosophy of LAS. Recipients are selected annually by the LAS Alumni Board and honored during the LAS Fall Reception each year. Award recipients are recognized leaders in their profession and community. They possess an unmistakable tradition of achievement and a commitment to further strengthening LAS. They are alums who are truly making a difference in our world.
- An alumnus of the University of Florida with a degree, minor or certificate from LAS.
- At least 15 years from graduation from UF.
- The recipient must have one or more of the following:
- Recognized and accomplished in his/her field. Made a significant impact regionally, statewide, and/or nationally.
- Achieved significant professional accomplishments at the state, national or international level.
- A proven record of leadership and service to his/her community and society-at-large.
- Demonstrated interest, pride, and support of UF LAS: has served as a volunteer, contributed as a donor, attended events, and/or stayed connected with faculty or staff.
We are not currently accepting nominations for this award. Please check back in Spring 2022.