Teacher Exchange Program
Campeche, Mexico / Florida
Next exchange scheduled for June 2021
June 2019 marked the launch of the Teacher Exchange Program. The goal of this short-term program is for educators in Mexico and the United State to share knowledge and perspectives on educational systems and teaching pedagogies.
As part of the program, two to three K-16 teachers will travel to Mexico for approximately ten days during the summer, where they will be hosted by Mexican teachers and participate in a variety of activities held at different Mexican institutions. During the fall semester, the U.S. teachers will host their Mexican counterparts. A key benefit of the exchange program is that it allows participants the opportunity to learn about each other's culture through cultural excursions and homestays.
- Campeche, Mexico
Participating Mexican Schools:
- Colegio Xail, a small private school offering IB programs
- Prepa Godoy, a public high school affiliated with the University of Campeche
- Institution Campechano State college
U.S. Teacher Requirements:
- Grade level: Any K - 12 level and state colleges
- Subject area: Open to all subject areas, but social studies and ELA are preferred. Applicants should be teachers that are globally minded regardless of their area of expertise.
- School Demographics: Teachers at schools with high Latino populations will be given priority as a goal of this program is to encourage transnational dialogue.
- Global Learning: Teachers must be interested in global awareness and global education.
- Travel Experience: Previous international travel experience preferred and must have a valid passport at the time of application.
- Language: Some basic knowledge of Spanish recommended.
Teachers will be able to observe and interact with students at K-12 schools, participate in discussions with local educators, attend academic visits at the Teacher College, Instituto Campechano, and participate in cultural exchanges.
If you are independent, open-minded, flexible, and interested in new cultures and peoples, this program is for you!
The Center for Latin American Studies USDOE Title VI National Resource Center funds will cover the below expenses for accepted applicants.
- Transportation to and from school, cultural and educational activities
- Homestay and meals with the partner teacher
- Participants must cover their own incidental expenses for gifts, extra meals, etc.
For more information about the Teacher Exchange Program, please contact Dr. Mary Risner at email@example.com.
- University of Florida Center for Latin American Studies
- Volusia Sister Cities,
- Colegio Xail
- Instituto Campechano