The University of Florida Center for Latin American Studies ("LAS") is establishing an Outstanding Young Alumni Award (the "Award") to recognize alumni who have graduated within the past 10 years and whose achievements positively reflect goals, principles, and philosophy of LAS. Recipients are selected annually by the LAS Alumni Board and honored during the LAS Fall Reception each year, commencing with the reception scheduled for September 29, 2017, in Gainesville, Florida. Award recipients are leaders in their profession and community. They possess an unmistakable tradition of achievement and a commitment to further strengthening LAS. They are alums who are truly making a difference in our world.
- Alumnus of the University of Florida with a degree, minor or certificate from LAS.
- Within 10 years of graduation from UF.
- Recipient must have one or more of the following:
- Made a significant impact on his or her industry.
- Achieved significant professional accomplishments at the state, national or international level.
- Performed outstanding service to the community, the university or LAS.
Nominations are due by August 15, 2017, for the 2017 award and by August 1 of each subsequent year. Please submit nominations by completing the below form (to submit multiple nominations, please refresh the web page after each submission).
The Board will consider all applicants who meet the criteria above and make a final determination by September 1.
* If you're completing the form on your smartphone, please Click Here for a mobile version.