The University of Florida Center for Latin American Studies ("LAS") has established an Outstanding Young Alumni Award to recognize alumni who are 40 years of age or younger and whose achievements positively reflect goals, principles, and philosophy of LAS. Recipients are selected annually by the LAS Alumni Board and honored during the LAS Fall Reception each year. Award recipients are leaders in their profession and community. They possess an unmistakable tradition of achievement and a commitment to further strengthening LAS. They are alums who are truly making a difference in our world.
- Alumnus of the University of Florida with a degree, minor or certificate from LAS.
- 40 years of age or younger.
- Recipient must have one or more of the following:
- Made a significant impact on his or her industry.
- Achieved significant professional accomplishments at the state, national or international level.
- Performed outstanding service to the community, the university or LAS.
Nominations are due by May 24, 2019. Please submit nominations by completing the below form (to submit multiple nominations, please refresh the web page after each submission).
The Board will consider all applicants who meet the criteria above and make a final determination by September 1.
* If you are completing the form on a smartphone or tablet, please Click Here for a mobile version.