The University of Florida Center for Latin American Studies ("LAS") is establishing a Lifetime Achievement Award (the "Award") to recognize alumni whose achievements over the course of a number of years positively reflect the goals, principles, and philosophy of LAS. Recipients are selected annually by the LAS Alumni Board and honored during the LAS Fall Reception each year, commencing with the reception scheduled for September 29, 2017, in Gainesville, Florida. Award recipients are recognized leaders in their profession and community. They possess an unmistakable tradition of achievement and a commitment to further strengthening LAS. They are alums who are truly making a difference in our world.
- Alumnus of the University of Florida with a degree, minor or certificate from LAS.
- At least 15 years from graduation from UF.
- Recipient must have one or more of the following:
- Recognized and accomplished in his/her field. Made a significant impact regionally, statewide, and/or nationally.
- Achieved significant professional accomplishments at the state, national or international level.
- A proven record of leadership and service to his/her community and society at-large.
- Demonstrated interest, pride, and support of UF LAS: has served as a volunteer, contributed as a donor, attended events, and/or stayed connected with faculty or staff.
Nominations are due by August 15, 2017, for the 2017 award and by August 1 of each subsequent year. Please submit nominations by completing the below form (to submit multiple nominations, please refresh the web page after each submission).
The Board will consider all applicants who meet the criteria above and make a final determination by September 1.
* If you're completing the form on your smartphone, please Click Here for a mobile version.