Complete the following steps to enroll in the Latin American Studies (LAS) Undergraduate Minor or Certificate:
1. Make an advising appointment with Dr. Rosana Resende, the LAS Undergraduate Coordinator, by calling (352) 273-4714 or visiting 358 Grinter Hall. Before the appointment, be sure to review the list of Latin American Studies courses, available online.
2. If you are unable to see Dr. Resende during office hours, download the appropriate form for the Minor or Certificate:
Complete the form with your personal information and the courses you have taken that you think will count for the Minor or Certificate as either a core or elective courses. Send the form to Dr. Resende as an e-mail attachment. She will advise you by phone or e-mail until an appointment can be scheduled.
Please Note: LAS Certificate students will also have to apply online after submitting their form to Dr. Resende. Please find the link to add certificate here: https://www.isis.ufl.edu/cgi-bin/eaglec?page+ise-certmn
3. LAS Minor students also need to complete the Application to Add or Cancel a Minor and submit it to the UF Office of the University Registrar in 222 Criser Hall. Be sure to have the Dean of Liberal Arts and Sciences sign the form. This form can be obtained in Room 100 Academic Advising Center or Room 222 Criser Hall.
4. Once you are enrolled for the LAS Minor or Certificate, plan to meet with Dr. Resende each semester, preferably prior to registration.
5. Final certification for both the Minor and Certificate is completed by Dr. Resende. Completion of the LAS Minor will appear on the transcript, while the LAS Certificate will be mailed to the student’s permanent address after graduation.
Dr. Rosana Resende
Undergraduate Coordinator, Lecturer,
Associate Director FBLI
Center for Latin American Studies
358 Grinter Hall
Gainesville, FL 32611-5530
Phone: (352) 273-4714