The Florida-Brazil Linkage can assist faculty and students with Brazil-related proposals in a number of ways, including:
- Suggesting potential collaborators and institutional partners in Brazil.
- Providing letters of support for projects emphasizing that UF is the leading institution in the country to study Brazil-related issues and underscoring that the proposed project will strengthen and expand UF-Brazil collaborations.
- Assuming the many of the Brazil-related logistics for the project such as:
- Preparing requests to UFIC for DS2019 forms needed to issue visas to visitors from Brazil.
- Preparing collaborative agreements with partner institutions for submission to the UF International Center.
- Assisting with the submission of research permits.
- Assistance with travel arrangements.
- Assistance with visas for US personnel.
- Cultural briefings and language training.
- Note that this level of support usually requires the project budget include funding for OPS or TEAMS staff that will be dedicated to your project; if interested in discussing different options please contact Emilio Bruna.
Good luck with your proposals!
Students and faculty from UF & Brazil studying community-based forest management in Acre (Photo by E. Bruna).