Learn what’s taught in classrooms across the region. Dig into stories on the Incan Empire or the Mayan Calendar. See what a school uniform looks like in Costa Rica. Or simply read the couple dozen books included in this suitcase.
Each Traveling Suitcase has lesson plans and creative ideas to help teachers utilize the suitcase in their classroom. Many of these plans have been contributed by prior lenders. If you develop a lesson plan ((LINK TO LESSON PLAN TEMPLATE)) or just have a few ideas that weren't included in the suitcase, email them to us at email@example.com.
How to Borrow the Latin American Education Traveling Suitcase
- Submit a completed Lending Agreement by email or fax
- Request the Latin American Education Suitcase by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org – include the dates.
- Use the suitcase in your classroom. We will ship the suitcase to the address on your lending agreement free of charge. Take advantage of the included lesson plans and classroom ideas.
- Return your suitcase to the Center after two weeks. You or your school will be responsible for return shipping costs which generally cost between $25 and $30. Be sure that all the items are returned in their appropriate bags by checking off each item on the enclosed inventory form.
- Submit an evaluation form either in the suitcase or via email. Send us any lesson plans that you have developed beyond those already included for future teachers! Submitting these allow the suitcases to continue to develop and better serve your classroom!