The Center for Latin American Studies supports 12 specializations that foster connection and collaboration around shared interests among faculty and students. Specializations serve to help graduate students and advisors to navigate the vast and constantly shifting curricular landscape supporting Latin American Studies at UF. Each MALAS student may participate with multiple specialization groups and must complete 12 credits in one selected specialization.
Click on a specialization below to see curricular requirements, associated courses, and affiliated faculty.
- Andean Studies
- Arts, Literature and Culture
- Brazilian Studies
- Caribbean Studies
- Crime, Law, and Governance
- Development Studies and Economic Analysis
- Gender, Sexuality, and Racialization
- Indigenous Studies
- International Communications
- Latin American Business Environment
- Latinx Studies, Migration, Transnational Studies
- Tropical Conservation and Development