General Policies & Procedures
A completed Submittable form is required for all fiscal transactions, including Travel, P-Card purchases, payments to outside vendors, personal reimbursement, and all transactions involving paying people or Payroll.
These forms are available online at https://latamfiscal.submittable.com/submit.
If you have not used Submittable before, you will be prompted to create a free Submittable account prior to submitting a form.
Our fiscal policy is to initiate a transaction within five (5) days of receiving a completed form. Forms with missing information will be returned for completion.
Some tasks cannot be completed within a five-day window, this information will be specified in each form's guidelines.
If you are unable to fully complete your form, please reach out to your designated Program Coordinator (PC).
- Center for Latin American Studies PC: Maggie Martinez | email@example.com | 352-273-4715
- Tropical Conservation & Development PC: Patricia Sampaio | firstname.lastname@example.org | 352-273-4734
- Master of Sustainable Development Practice PC: Andrew Noss | email@example.com | 352-392-3293
- This task sheet is to be used for any payment to a person, as an individual, that is not a personal reimbursement.
- Personnel paperwork often takes far longer than five days to get into the system, so provide as much advance notice as possible.
Please review our Travel Guidelines before completing a Travel Task Sheet.
- The new Travel Task Sheet will now be used for Travel Authorizations (TA), Travel Expense Reports (ER), and personal reimbursements (ER). A TA must be in place for all travel managed through the Center. UF requires a TA be in place for foreign travel, travel for conferences, and for any travel with pre-paid purchases (such as airfare or lodging) on a P-Card.
- TAs should be submitted at least 10 business days prior to the date of travel if the travel is for a UF employee. If the travel is for a non-UF employee, just getting the traveler in the UF system can take 7-10 business days so plan accordingly.
- Travel requires a request for a Foreign Visiting Traveler Payment at least 14 days prior to their arrival.
- Cash Advances require reconciliation into PeopleSoft within 10 days of the date of the return from the travel. Failure to do so can jeopardize the opportunity for future Cash Advances.
- A short explanation in English is required by Travel on all foreign receipts that are not in English.
- All P-Card/Voucher receipts must be submitted to the fiscal office within 3 days after the purchase. Fiscal staff has 15 days to reconcile expenditures in the system and failure to do so can now result in loss of P-Card privileges at the UF level.
- Vendor payments are paid out based on the terms the vendor sets up when they submit their application to be a Vendor to Purchasing. In general, independent subcontractors/individuals are paid out on a net 10-day cycle and companies, unless they specify otherwise, are paid out on a net 30-day cycle. This means that they are typically paid out X days from the date of the invoice. We are not able to change those terms.
Click here to view/complete a fiscal task sheet.
Jessica Mrozinske Baker, Accounting Coordinator
Jessica Caicedo, Fiscal Assistant III
Jaye Madden, Fiscal Assistant II